04 May 2011

Lissie

 (source)

One of my favourite songs of 2010 was When I'm Alone by Lissie

It's catchy, passionate and she has a great voice.

I discovered Lissie when her song was an iTunes song of the week. And I was excited to see her live at Megan Washington last week.
 
In fact I loved Lissie more than Megan.

She is American and was really outgoing on stage. She was dressed down and I imagine she'd be really approachable. She was at the merch stand after her set but I didn't go because I didn't want to lose my spot in the second row for Washington.

Her songs are a cross between pop, country and rock. 

She did covers of Hank Williams, maybe Johnny Cash and a Kid Cudi song, which I now love.

I spent a long time admiring her extremely good looking drummer Stuart Wilkinson. Quite honestly the hottest man I've seen this year. I may or may not have taken more photos of him than of Lissie.




He came back to dismantle his drum kit. I wanted to give him my business card and hope he'd ask me out for a drink. Hehe :)
Lissie's playing at Northcote Social Club soon - I can't wait to see her extended show. And I'd love to say hi to her too.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Carly

    Was this the post you were thinking of using 48 photos for? :-P

    SSG xxx

    Sydney Shop Girl blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip, Carly. Had never heard of Lissie before, just had a listen in iTunes and I love her sound. Cheers! (Might have to go check out when that NSC gig is...) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, the idea of a new artist gig @ NSC was too tempting - I used to do that all the time when I lived inner city! I have tix. See ya there! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was an awesome show. Lissie and band are a really great group of talented musicians. "Lissie" herself would have to be one of the most approachable musicians I have encountered, a really genuine and engaging lady, Oh so naturally beautiful. People should not miss out on the Northcote Social Club show, they are a great live band! - Chels

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog. I love receiving comments :)
I really appreciate the time you've taken to write to me, and to share something about yourself.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails