19 January 2015

Wedding invitation sneak peek

I am hesitant to share too many details about our wedding on my blog or social media. I want it to be a surprise - for our guests, for our friends who can't be there on the day, and for my fiancé, of course. I now understand the element of surprise that brides want for their wedding. Only my Mum and bridesmaid have seen my dress, and I've had some fun with Mum showing her my secret Pinterest board of wedding inspo. I feel super organised, to avoid stress and rushing toward the end of the year. I can't wait for the big reveal - bring on March 2016.

Yesterday Camille (my bridesmaid) spent the day developing the design elements for the save-the-dates and invites, and closer to the time, these elements will be worked into the menus, table numbers and thank you cards. We are sending out email save-the-dates soon, followed by invitations, directions and advice about Melbourne in the mail.

I was inspired by my walk through The Tuileries in Paris last April - and this has been the base of the colour scheme for the wedding. These are my colours. I knew they would feature in the wedding immediately on that grey afternoon in Paris.

And so Camille worked her magic in photoshop and illustrator to put together a completely beautiful set of save the date cards and invitations. Fonts were chosen from DaFont within about a minute - we selected two fonts that are, as my friend said, "so evocative of love and happiness". They're titled 'Always and forever' and 'A ray of sunshine'. We laughed because she has a graphic design eye and I have a writer's eye - directing her to follow the writing style guide of minimal capitalisation and a strict date format (I did not step into Bridezilla territory, I promise!).  And Cam and I worked together to create a clever graphic - I'll let you know how it was done after the wedding!

Here's the almost finished draft.

Wedding invitation perfection. I am so lucky to have a BFF-bridesmaid who is amazing at graphic design. Very exciting!

2 comments:

  1. The colours are incredible!

    To say I'm SO happy for you would be an understatement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Carly,
    Apologies in advance for the randomness of this! Just wanted to say thank you for adding me to instagram the other day (birdsayshello). I was so excited when I saw you had, it made my day! I've been a long-time reader/non-commenter of blogs in general (not just with your blog!!) but have just started to move away from that and actually 'voice' my thoughts online etc. I think it's important. Thank you for sharing such wonderful thoughts and snippets of your life with us; I absolutely adore reading what you've got to say! And as someone who is also starting out on putting a blog together, I find it inspiring and also a great opportunity to see where to aim towards - thank you!

    Congratulations to you and Adam on your engagement; so exciting (love the wedding invite colours too!). My husband and I got married in March; such a lovely time. Enjoy the planning and savour every moment!

    Again, sorry this is so random - it's important to say thank you :)
    Have a wonderful day/week!

    Leona xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog. I love receiving comments :)
I really appreciate the time you've taken to write to me, and to share something about yourself.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails